今天我們要講述一些關於往生淨土的重要教義。 Today, we’re getting into some really essential teachings about rebirth in the Pure Land.這些教義來自於對蕅益大師《阿彌陀經要解》的講解系列,對吧? These come from a lecture series explaining Master Ouyi’s commentary on the *Amitabha Sutra*, right?它不只是學術分析,而是大師們為那些認真追求靈性道路的人提供的實際指導。 And it’s less about just academic analysis, more like practical guidance from masters for anyone serious about their spiritual path.確實如此。今天我們的任務是聚焦於核心內容。 Exactly. And our mission today really is to zero in on the core stuff.您實際需要的修行方法,以及根據這些教義,追求西方淨土的深遠利益。 What you actually need, the practices, and the profound benefits of aiming for the Western Pure Land, according to these teachings.為什麼這一點如此重要?因為資料來源清楚地指出,這關乎人生中最重要的事情——生與死,以及我們如何面對它。 And why is this so crucial? Because the source puts it starkly: it’s about the biggest thing in life, birth and death, and how we navigate that.資料中反复提到一個詞語:「難信易行」。這聽起來很有趣。 OK. And there’s this phrase that keeps coming up in the source material: “difficult to believe, but easy to practice.” That sounds intriguing.確實如此。所以我們將深入探討為什麼這難以相信,以及真正的信仰和願力究竟意味著什麼,超越只是口頭上的表達。 It really is. So we’re going to dig into why it might be hard to believe, what true faith and vows really mean beyond just saying the words.是的,超越形式。顯然,即使是簡單的修行也能帶來非凡的成果,根據這些教義。 Yeah, beyond formality. And how even simple practices, apparently, can lead to pretty extraordinary results based on these teachings.何為波羅密?What is Pāramitā? 佛言到彼岸。The Buddha said: reaching the other shore. 何為般若波羅密?What is Prajñā Pāramitā? 佛言智慧到彼岸!The Buddha said: wisdom reaching the other shore! 智慧是什麼?誰能定義智慧?What is wisdom? Who can define wisdom? 每個人都能透過文字、語言去描述智慧,但智慧卻從來不被這些文字、語言所侷限。Everyone can describe wisdom through words and language, but wisdom is never confined by these words and language. 佛陀是一門教育,一門關於「智慧」的教育,The Buddha’s teaching is an education, an education about “wisdom.” 所以佛講經說法49年,最後卻說「無所說經」!Thus, the Buddha taught and spoke the Dharma for 49 years, yet in the end, he said, “I have not spoken a single word!” 要我們「得義忘言」。He urged us to “grasp the meaning and forget the words.” 他留下四依給修行者:「依法不依人、依義不依語、依了義不依不了義、依智不依識」。He left four reliances for practitioners: rely on the Dharma, not on the person; rely on the meaning, not on the words; rely on the definitive meaning, not on the provisional meaning; rely on wisdom, not on consciousness. 因為終究:智慧無法給與被給,智慧無法教與被教,唯有自悟自度,在生死輪迴中在各自的主客觀現實中去歷練、焠煉而來。Because ultimately: wisdom cannot be given or received, wisdom cannot be taught or learned; it can only be realized and attained through self-awakening and self-liberation, forged and refined through the trials and experiences in the cycle of birth and death, within each individual’s subjective and objective reality
We've got a set of sources here looking at explanations of a really key Buddhist text, the Amitabha Sutra, guided by some very respected teachers, Master Wuyi, Master Ching Kung. 我們這裡有一組資料,探討了一部非常重要的佛教經典《阿彌陀經》的解釋,由備受尊敬的老師藕益法師和淨空法師指導。And our goal with this deep dive is basically to unpack the core ideas from these teachings, look at the roadblocks people hit then and now, and explore this specific method they describe that promises, well, frankly, astonishing results. 我們這次深入研究的目標基本上是解析這些教義的核心思想,檢視古今人們遇到的障礙,並探索他們描述的這種特定方法,坦白說,這方法承諾了令人震驚的成果。So we're digging through this for you, the listener, pulling out the key insights to help make sense of these profound teachings. 因此,我們為您,聽眾,深入挖掘這些內容,提取關鍵見解,幫助理解這些深奧的教義。Yeah, we'll start with the Buddha's kind of foundational blueprint, then get into the things that trip us up, explore this really mind-bending idea about how reality works. 是的,我們將從佛陀的某種基礎藍圖開始,然後探討讓我們絆倒的事情,探索這個關於現實如何運作的真正令人費解的理念。Understand what recollecting the Three Jewels really means, right? Beyond just chanting. 理解憶念三寶的真正含義,對吧?不僅僅是念誦。And then focus on this unique path to enlightenment that's presented as incredibly fast and certain. 然後專注於這條通向覺悟的獨特道路,它被描述為極其快速且確定。OK, let's get started. The foundations. Where do these sources point us first? What's the Buddha's blueprint? 好的,讓我們開始。基礎。這些資料首先指向何處?佛陀的藍圖是什麼?They bring up something called the 37 Aids to Enlightenment. 他們提到了所謂的三十七助道品。Now, the number itself isn't the main thing to get hung up on initially. 現在,數字本身最初並不是需要執著的重點。OK. The key takeaway is that these are presented as the universal, fundamental guidelines the Buddha himself laid out for awakening. 好的。關鍵要點是,這些被呈現為佛陀親自為覺悟制定的普遍、基本的指導原則。
A very influential commentary in the Pure Land tradition. 這是一部在淨土宗傳統中非常有影響力的注釋。 So our mission, our goal for this dive, is to really get to grips with what this specific explanation says about Amitabha Buddha's Pure Land. 因此,我們此次剖析的使命與目標,是深入理解這段具體解釋關於阿彌陀佛淨土的內容。 You know, what is it? How you get there according to this teaching, and why it's framed as such a unique and supreme destination. 您知道,淨土是什麼?根據這一教義如何到達那裡,以及為何它被描述為如此獨特且至上的目的地。 OK, so where do we start? I think right at the beginning, Master Uyi makes this really foundational statement. 好的,那我們從哪裡開始?我想從一開始,藕益法師提出了這個真正基礎性的陳述。 Yeah, it feels like the bedrock, doesn't it? He says: Faith and vow are wisdom. Chanting the name is true merit, virtue. 是的,這感覺像是基石,對吧?他說:信念與誓願是智慧。念佛是真正的功德與德行。 Simple but profound. It really frames the whole thing immediately. 簡單卻深奧。它立即為整個內容奠定了框架。
The first big things Master Ching Kung tackles is this historical argument that really upset a lot of people.淨空法師首先處理的是一個讓很多人不安的歷史爭論。It's about whether you can get reborn in the Pure Land by taking karma with you,這個爭論是關於是否可以帶業往生淨土,or if you have to eliminate it all first.還是必須先完全消除業障?何為波羅密?What is Pāramitā? 佛言到彼岸。The Buddha said: reaching the other shore. 何為般若波羅密?What is Prajñā Pāramitā? 佛言智慧到彼岸!The Buddha said: wisdom reaching the other shore! 智慧是什麼?誰能定義智慧?What is wisdom? Who can define wisdom? 每個人都能透過文字、語言去描述智慧,但智慧卻從來不被這些文字、語言所侷限。Everyone can describe wisdom through words and language, but wisdom is never confined by these words and language. 佛陀是一門教育,一門關於「智慧」的教育,The Buddha’s teaching is an education, an education about “wisdom.” 所以佛講經說法49年,最後卻說「無所說經」!Thus, the Buddha taught and spoke the Dharma for 49 years, yet in the end, he said, “I have not spoken a single word!” 要我們「得義忘言」。He urged us to “grasp the meaning and forget the words.” 他留下四依給修行者:「依法不依人、依義不依語、依了義不依不了義、依智不依識」。He left four reliances for practitioners: rely on the Dharma, not on the person; rely on the meaning, not on the words; rely on the definitive meaning, not on the provisional meaning; rely on wisdom, not on consciousness. 因為終究:智慧無法給與被給,智慧無法教與被教,唯有自悟自度,在生死輪迴中在各自的主客觀現實中去歷練、焠煉而來。Because ultimately: wisdom cannot be given or received, wisdom cannot be taught or learned; it can only be realized and attained through self-awakening and self-liberation, forged and refined through the trials and experiences in the cycle of birth and death, within each individual’s subjective and objective reality.
Today, we’re looking at the essential explanation of the Amitabha Sutra by Master Ou Yi, with commentary from Dharma Master Ching Kung, aiming to make profound Buddhist wisdom more accessible by getting to the heart of its essence. Master Ou Yi wrote the core text in just nine days, which is incredible, but fully understanding it could take months or more, so we’re focusing on clarity, pulling out key understandings, especially timely given modern concerns about counterfeit Buddhism.The Flower Adornment Sutra states that all sentient beings possess the wisdom and virtuous qualities of a Buddha, but deluded thoughts and attachments obscure this realization, creating obstacles to knowledge and emotional afflictions, like clouds covering the sun.
何為波羅密?What is Pāramitā? 佛言到彼岸。The Buddha said: reaching the other shore. 何為般若波羅密?What is Prajñā Pāramitā? 佛言智慧到彼岸!The Buddha said: wisdom reaching the other shore! 智慧是什麼?誰能定義智慧?What is wisdom? Who can define wisdom? 每個人都能透過文字、語言去描述智慧,但智慧卻從來不被這些文字、語言所侷限。Everyone can describe wisdom through words and language, but wisdom is never confined by these words and language. 佛陀是一門教育,一門關於「智慧」的教育,The Buddha’s teaching is an education, an education about “wisdom.” 所以佛講經說法49年,最後卻說「無所說經」!Thus, the Buddha taught and spoke the Dharma for 49 years, yet in the end, he said, “I have not spoken a single word!” 要我們「得義忘言」。He urged us to “grasp the meaning and forget the words.” 他留下四依給修行者:「依法不依人、依義不依語、依了義不依不了義、依智不依識」。He left four reliances for practitioners: rely on the Dharma, not on the person; rely on the meaning, not on the words; rely on the definitive meaning, not on the provisional meaning; rely on wisdom, not on consciousness. 因為終究:智慧無法給與被給,智慧無法教與被教,唯有自悟自度,在生死輪迴中在各自的主客觀現實中去歷練、焠煉而來。Because ultimately: wisdom cannot be given or received, wisdom cannot be taught or learned; it can only be realized and attained through self-awakening and self-liberation, forged and refined through the trials and experiences in the cycle of birth and death, within each individual’s subjective and objective reality.
Today, we are taking a closer look at how Shakyamuni Buddha taught and guided people.
今天,我們將更仔細地探討釋迦牟尼佛如何教導和引導眾人。
Our source is a very interesting lecture by Master Ching Kung.
我們的來源是淨空法師一場非常有趣的講座。
The lecture is titled “How Shakyamuni Buddha Educated Sentient Beings.”
這場講座的標題是《釋迦牟尼佛如何教育眾生》。
Master Ching Kung’s lecture provides deep insights into the Buddha’s methods.
淨空法師的講座為佛陀的教學方法提供了深刻的見解。
He explains how Shakyamuni Buddha educated sentient beings effectively.
他解釋了釋迦牟尼佛如何有效地教育眾生。
What’s really insightful is how Master Ching Kung presents the Buddha.
真正具有洞察力的是淨空法師如何呈現佛陀。
He portrays the Buddha not just as a spiritual figure but as a compassionate educator.
他將佛陀描繪為不僅是精神領袖,更是一位充滿慈悲的教育者。
Our focus is on the Diamond Sutra, a really foundational Buddhist text, but we're approaching it through, well, the wisdom of Master Ching Kung's commentary.
我們的重點是《金剛經》,一部真正基礎的佛教經典,但我們將透過,嗯,淨空法師的注釋智慧來探討它。
And for you, our listener, especially if you value, you know.
而對你,我們的聽眾來說,特別是如果你重視,你知道,
Getting knowledge efficiently.
有效獲取知識。
Our goal here is to pull out the absolute core understandings from this commentary, stuff that really matters.
我們的目標是從這部注釋中提取最核心的理解,真正重要的東西。
And what's fascinating right from the get go is how Master Ching Kung's commentary really helps us understand the context around the Diamond Sutra.
一開始就令人著迷的是,淨空法師的注釋如何真正幫助我們理解《金剛經》的背景。
We'll explore how ancient Buddhist scholars organized the Buddha's vast teachings.
我們將探討古代佛教學者如何組織佛陀廣博的教法。
There's a system called Pan Jiao.
有一個系統叫做「判教」。
Pan Jiao. OK, yeah, and it's actually a really insightful approach to learning itself.
判教。好的,是的,它實際上是一種對學習本身非常有洞察力的方法。
Then we'll look at the incredible story of Kumarajiva, the translator who gave us the version of the sutra most of us actually read.
然後我們將看看鳩摩羅什的精彩故事,他是將我們大多數人實際閱讀的經典版本翻譯出來的譯者。
Oh, the translator, right?
哦,譯者,對吧?
And finally, we'll try to synthesize the central point, the ziki, they call it, the main thrust of the Diamond Sutra as Master Ching Kung presents it.
最後,我們將試圖綜合其核心要點,他們稱之為「旨趣」,淨空法師所呈現的《金剛經》的主要宗旨。
You know, you often wonder with spiritual practice, is it all just theory or does it actually deliver something tangible in life?
你知道,對於靈性修行,你常常會想,這一切只是理論嗎?還是它實際上能在生活中帶來一些具體的東西?
That's a great question.
這是一個很棒的問題。
And it leads right into what we're exploring today, this concept called Bai Yong.
它直接引出了我們今天要探討的內容,一個叫做「辨用」的概念。
Bai Yong, right. Distinguishing function or effect.
辨用,對吧。辨別功能或效果。
Exactly.
正是如此。
Think of it as understanding the practical effects, the real world outcomes you get from, well, from spiritual cultivation.
將其視為理解實際的效果,你從,嗯,靈性修行中獲得的現實世界的成果。
So this deep dive is really focused on that, the practical side.
所以這次深入探討真正聚焦於此,實踐的一面。
Yeah, our source zeroes in on this link between the practice and its benefits.
是的,我們的來源聚焦於修行與其益處之間的聯繫。
Understanding the theoretical origins of the scriptures builds confidence, encompassing faith, understanding, practice, and realization. Why does he not emphasize "understanding" but instead focus on "practice"? This highlights the importance of practice. Buddhist teachings, from beginning to end, emphasize practice. Even if one does not fully understand but diligently practices, success is still possible. No matter how thoroughly one understands, if one is unwilling to practice, it amounts to nothing.
Today we're really getting into the foundations, the absolute bedrock of the Diamond Sutra's wisdom.
今天我們將真正深入探討基礎,《金剛經》智慧的絕對基石。 We need to get what makes it tick.
我們需要明白它的運作原理。
To really appreciate what the Diamond Sutra offers, you need to grasp its core theory, the why behind it all and Master Jingkong's commentary. 要真正領會《金剛經》提供的內容,你需要理解它的核心理論,它背後的「為什麼」,以及淨空法師的注釋。
Points us to this idea called manifesting substance.
引導我們認識「顯體」的觀念。
It's all about showing that fundamental nature, the ground the sutra stands on.
它完全是關於展現那個根本的本性,經典所依據的基礎。
We're looking closer at some key ideas for Master Jing Kong on the title.
我們將更仔細地探討淨空法師關於經題的一些關鍵觀念。
Things like this illusion of dualistic thinking,
例如二元對立思維的幻象,
why giving is so central to the whole practice,
為什麼布施在整個修行中如此核心,
the link between wisdom and perfection, right?
智慧與圓滿之間的聯繫,對吧?
Prajna and Paramita.
般若與波羅蜜。
Exactly.
正是如此。
And you know what the word sutra itself actually signifies.
還有「經」這個詞本身的實際意義。
So shall we start with that idea of duality, the illusion of it?
那麼我們從二元對立的幻象這個觀念開始好嗎?
Master Jing Vong brings in a quote, doesn't he?
淨空法師引用了一段話,對吧?
Yeah. From the Mahaprajana Paramita Sastra,
是的,來自《大智度論》,
it goes the views of existence and nonexistence both belong to this shore.
它說:「有見無見,皆屬此岸。」
Only when both attachments are emptied can one reach the other shore.
唯有當兩種執著皆空,才能到達彼岸。
We're taking a deep dive into a text that's really renowned for its profound insights. ...The Linea Sutu Yutru.
Most people know it as the Diamond Sutra.
So our mission today is pretty straightforward, but hopefully powerful.
To really grasp the meaning and the significance packed into every character of the sutra's title.
And in doing that, we hope to give you a really solid starting point for looking into the sutra's deeper teachings.
Welcome to the Deep Dive. Today we’re doing something pretty interesting, taking material shared directly by you, our listener, and really digging in to get informed fast.
It’s a great way to tailor the exploration. And our source for this deep dive is excerpts from Chenier KJ Kuenye, Introduction to Outline.
So basically it sets the scene for the Diamond Sutra. And what’s really cool is where this particular discourse happened at the Singapore Buddhist Lodge.
we’re focusing on the Diamond Sutra itself. That’s M Sheng Yei and really understanding its place, its importance within all of Buddhist teachings.
It’s foundational, really. So for you listening, the key thing is getting a handle on this one text
You know that feeling when you face something really important, something with deep meaning, but it feels overwhelming, like a huge amount of information?
Yeah, absolutely. That’s kind of how the vast Prajnaparamita sutras might feel at first glance.
Exactly. But hidden within that massive collection, there’s this incredibly short text, the Heart Sutra, right? It’s like the distilled essence, the real concentrated wisdom from all those hundreds of volumes.
Hi everyone, welcome back to Buddhist Journey! I’m Sophia. Last episode, we covered 14 sutras, and today we’re exploring the final 9! From the Mahā Prajñāpāramitā to the Susiddhikara Sūtra, this feels deeper!
We’re starting a sutra journey to explore 23 key Buddhist texts! These are like treasures of Buddhism, covering everything from early teachings to Mahāyāna and esoteric traditions. This episode, we’ll cover 12, from the Āgama Sūtras to the Śūraṅgama Sūtra.
The driving force of reincarnation is our karma, and the Alaya-consciousness is like a storage house for karmic seeds. The key lies in severing afflictions and purifying karma (斷惑和淨業).... We must recognize that all conditioned phenomena are impermanent and all dharmas are without self19, break through our delusive thoughts and attachments..., cease creating bad karma, and actively cultivate good deeds.... Buddhism provides the Three Learnings (三學) of morality (戒), concentration (定), and wisdom (慧)18... and the Six Paramitas (六度波羅蜜) of giving (布施), morality (持戒), patience (忍辱), diligence (精進), concentration (禪定), and wisdom (智慧)23... as practical methods to help us purify our body and mind. The ultimate goal is to transform delusion into enlightenment, to leave suffering and attain happiness, and to reach the state of Nirvana ...
Today, we will explore key concepts that form the foundation of Buddhist practice. The teachings of the Buddha begin with understanding the nature of human experience. This is most clearly explained through the concept of the Five Aggregates, or Skandhas. Buddhism often talks about suffering.
Because understanding suffering is the first step toward freedom. The Buddha taught the Four Noble Truths:Dukkha (苦) – life involves suffering, Samudaya (集) – suffering arises from craving and ignorance, Nirodha (滅) – suffering can cease, Magga (道) – the path to the cessation of suffering.And that path is the Noble Eightfold Path:Right View,Right Intention,Right Speech,Right Action,Right Livelihood,Right Effort,Right Mindfulness,Right Concentration.These eight factors are grouped into three areas of training: ethics (Sila), meditation (Samadhi), and wisdom (Prajna).
So, practice is essential in Buddhism. It’s not just belief...
What if Buddhism is a crash course in wisdom, not a religion? On this channel, we explore the Buddha’s teachings with fresh eyes—no faith required. Test these insights with your own life and discover a deeper, freer you.