
这个月,月经女神眷顾,月经准时准点到来!
今天和我的朋友一起庆祝,伊丽莎白·特拉斯(Elizabeth Truss)当选英国首相,我们一起看了《妇女参政论者》,看完后,我久久不能平静。于是将我最喜欢的片段,进行了朗读,分享给大家。
一个流浪妇女去寻找自由的大陆
The woman wanderer goes forth, to seek the land of freedom.
我要怎么才能到那里
" How am I to get there? "
理性的答案
reason answers:
有一个方法 也是唯一的方法
"There is one way, and one way only.
下去努力的海岸
Down the banks of labor,
穿过苦难的大海
through the waters of suffering.
没有其他的方法
There is no other. "
那妇女
The woman,
抛弃她以前依恋的一切 哭出来了
having discarded all to which she'd formerly clung, cries out,
我为什么要到这个遥远从来没有人到过的大陆
"for what do I go to this far land which no one has ever reached?
我一个人 我完全是孤独的
I am alone. I'm utterly alone. "
而理 性对她说
And reason said to her,
安静 你听到什么
" silence. What do you hear? "
而她说 我听到脚步声
and she said, "I hear the sound of feet.
一千次上万和
A thousand times, ten thousands and thousands
百万次 而且他们向这边走来
of thousands, and they beat this way. "
他们是那些跟随你的脚步
"They are the feet of those that shall follow you.
引领着他们
lead on. "